Picking up an abandoned project. It’s 4 colors of Lopi. Can’t remember where it came from, a swap, maybe? Anyway, I think it was supposed to be a vest and that is what it is going to be now. Haven’t had a new vest in awhile. It was lovely out on the deck this morning so I will weave and sip until the sun makes it over the firs.
I am still weaving the blue yarn for the nest project but meantime was rummaging though my kitchen trash bag full of this and that, experiments, trials aborted projects, you know, you all have them, and found these squares woven in a muddy brown. So I put them to work as a coast for the girls. I’m calling this one Puddle Jumper because of the color! There was a 12″ square of the same yarn which I managed to turn into a sort of baggy tam. I frogged a couple of extra squares so I could weave the band. I am quite please with the way this spur of the moment project turned out! It’s spring I think but still quite chilly here! And I think it looks good with Felicity’s red hair.
A customer, Melissa R, gave me permission to post her project here also. She is doing some really cute tapestries and is very good at it. Love the blanket waving in the sunny breeze on the clothesline! What a sweet homey touch! She’s done an excellent job of finishing and hanging her work, too!
Yes, I added on but found that this method of assembly really does take up a lot. It was barely enough but I decided to add a little more ease, just in case. Once cut you are committed and I can take up easier than let out on this project! So It will be another day before I cut.
Meantime the boobie prize for the Bunko was a hit last night. It ended in a 4 way tie for most losses so they rolled off. The winner seemed happy with her prize. I wove the napkin on the 14″ square and crocheted the edging to make it a bit fancier. The yarn is some nice acrylic in bright colors. I added a loaf of frosted cinnamon raisin bread. It was supposed to go into a bamboo bread basket but the basket proved too small for my husky loaf. Ah well..
And today it’s snowing. Again…
I am assembling! If I were not already set on another path, I think this would make a very attractive baby blanket or light weight lap robe, maybe. But made great progress today, I believe. The bed is the only place I have that’s big enough to lay it all out. I got the rest of the strips to length, sorting though the skeins to find the needed colors. They don’t all transition smoothly but I’m satisfied.
Here’s the first bunch of strips sewn together. I really like the way it looks. This is the top, the public side.
And this is the bottom, the underneath. Either side would work but I like the textured side. And besides. I think the smooth side will be better next to me.
More coming! Edited to say: More needed! After sewing the entire thing together I find the seams have taken up a bit more than I figured on so I need to add about 5″. I think two more rows should do it. At least that’s where I am going to start. Pictures are pretty much the same but maybe show detail a bit more. It really is a pretty rainbow, in non-rainbow colors! did I mention that the colorway is called Calming Desert? I guess it’s supposed to be spring in the desert, which is probably timely, tho I haven’t seen spring in the desert in a couple years.
Looking a lot like winter here! I’m staying in and weaving. Making new “mug rugs” for my soup bowls. I really like those. I used acrylic, which don’t stain easily and and wash up quickly in the kitchen sink. Still working on the Shall in a ball blouse, too. It’s taking a lot of 4″ squares.
Andway, Hope your new year is starting off well and you are staying warm!
Here it is in pictures.
This one on the right above requires a bit of explanation. I thought I’d try cutting first and stitching later. Bad idea Even trying to be oh so careful it ended up ruffled. I did mange to fix it but did the other side correctly and you can see the difference. Now you’ve had that lesson with no pain of your own! lol
I started Crocheting around the sleeve and after a couple inches decided that that was not good so ripped and found some bias tape which I stitched on instead to make nice neat hems.
Then I found this lace collar among my ‘stuff’. I soaked it into the left-over morning coffee. What do you think? keep or lose? By the way, the color difference is just lighting.
Played with the 7″ Quilt Weaver Square yesterday and worked a experimental hounds-tooth. Trouble is that the pin count is an odd number so it doesn’t come out even. Going to have to play with it a bit more. Tried it on the diagonal but goofed that one up and frogged it. It will work but it may be a bit loose, I’ll have to do it again and full it before I decide. The diagonal 2 red-1 white worked out evenly and looks nice.
I’ll keep playing with these. If you want more information, I posted a project page on Ravelry. I also got out the bag of 4″ squares I have previously woven and am intending to work on that again since the xmas vest ran short. I may have to wait for OFFF in Sept to find more of that yarn or something as a go-with.
Meanwhile we’re at the stage of winter/spring when Mother Nature can’t seem to make up her mind which it is to be. Hard to decide plans from day to day. But I think my plans so far for today is to weave and not do much else. Hope you are getting some weaving time!