I’ve finally gotten my camera memory and am making the promised weaving videos. Sis will be posting them to the web site asap but meantime check Weaver Hazel on YouTube.
We have the new Multi Triangle loom posted to the web page, too, now and I will be making a couple videos for weaving on them as well.
Did not get to make my shopping trip this week as the snow blower is stuck, broke down in 6′ of snow, in the pass so the road is closed. I’m told they are expecting parts today and should have the road open by … maybe… Friday. I’ll probably save my trip for Sunday or Monday now.
It was so nice to see the sun coming up through the snowy trees this morning!
We have 6 to 8 inches of very wet snow. Power has been out three times, most likely from trees falling in the newly cut right of way for the new transmission lines. But the guys go right on it so the longest we were dark was just 6 hours.
We have gotten a lot of stock built up in the shop this week, tho, as it was not a good snow for playing in, being so wet. Excellent for the years water supply but not the fluffy stuff you want for snowball fights! 😀 Cori, the heavily furred pooch, thinks it is just fine. She’s out sporting around Randy as he shovels paths and drainage this morning.
In case you missed it, we introduced out new Multi Triangle loom yesterday. Check the web page. This one is a cutie!
Our power went out about 11 am yesterday and stayed out until just after 6 pm. No shop work. I wove up the rest of my bobbins but am not going to wind more by hand so spent the rest of the day reading and knitting. Himself reading and pacing and grumping! 😀 It’s at it again today so better get those fingers x-ed for us! Or for the PUD, anyway!
But we’re up to nearly 3″ of the white stuff so far.
It's not raining...
Supposed to do this all day. It’s wet, too. Power was out twice already for minutes. Would not be surprised to have it fail for hours. But I’m off to the shop to put nails in the new Multi Triangles until it does. Then I may be able to weave on my curtain project if I can see by the window light. But… maybe we won’t lose power and I’ll be posting here again today. 😀
Since the last time I posted a photo of my girls a new member has joined my little family. We are now complete and will not be adopting more (no matter what dh hints at! lol). In case you did not guess… it’s Molly! (2nd from left) We all got dressed up for the occasion. Aren’t we pretty?! 🙂
I’ve been invited to lead a knit-along for a group who want to knit an evening gown from a free pattern on Ravelry. You may have guess already that the gown is to fit the American Girls, not us knitters. I had decided yesterday that I was not going to start any more doll clothes but was going to finish my cardigan and measure the warp for my curtain project. But…what the heck, doll clothes are small so it shouldn’t take more than week to finish, and that’s working at it evenings so I ought to have plenty of time for the other projects, too.
Anyway, I did cast on and knit the ruffle so’s to have something to show as leader. 😉
I wanted to see if I could work a pattern in the three main forms of yarn needle craft for doll clothes. No sewing here but I made this leotard in weaving – Lexi, knitting- Addy, and crochet-Kirsten. Check the patterns link to the right.
I knitted the first one as that seemed to me to be the easiest to get the shape I wanted as the bottom part is pretty much based on the Fancy Pantie pattern. That turned out well. I can crochet but an not a Crocheter, if you get what I mean. This one has some…er…unusual stitches. I do not know how to crochet short rows properly
Ready for dance class
so the butt of her leo has a strange looking “eye” pattern but worked out pretty good all in all, I think. The woven one went a lot easier than I had been fearing and is made with two QW squares and a Tiny Weaver tri & square. It took the least amount of yarn to make, of course. I may remove the shoulder ribbons and put buttons on it, too. Now… I hope I can write up decent patterns from my copious notes… pages of which are scratched out as I changed horses midstream! lol