Not much here, I’m afraid. Going on as usual, spending the winter catching up on book work and restocking looms. And shoveling snow, but thank goodness for Himself! He handles that part because we have lots of it!
But I have been weaving a few 4″ squares along for the Shawl in a Ball project. The bag was getting into such a mess that I decided to do a little Organizing. Yes, really! This consisted of putting together an estimate of squares rows, trying to blend the colors and bagging each row separately. It looks better now and hopefully will encourage me to start sewing up the rows again. I have started. Oh yes, I also cut out a more permanent pattern with a long sleeve. This top isn’t going to have a full long sleeve but the plan is for 3/4 if I can stretch the yarn that far. Well, likely I’m going to have to buy another skein, anyway. That will make 4. I need to make shorter tails. I have been using them in the sewing up but some are way too long.
Anyway, here’s my version of organization. It doesn’t looks like many all neatly bagged up but there are 7-9 in each bag.
Oh yes, I did make another set of the soup bowl mugs. Got this skein of Red Heart acrylic in Team Colors and it is scratchy as heck so finally gave up the scarf idea and wove a couple mug rugs using the 3 1/2″ Tumbling Block. There’s enough left to supply the whole team with them! lol
Yes, and I did indulge in a little doll clothes knitting during the 4 day power outage. It’s fair isle and I find that is not my talent. It looks okay on your far away view but you would have no trouble finding the errors if you saw it for Real. I could not keep an even tension for the life of me. So anyway, I’ll go back to weaving my dolls clothing!