I’m back at it. I didn’t find my pattern but I did fins another one and between that and using my previous jacket as a pattern I think I’ve got it. I’m trying my hand at shape weaving working on a yoke. I thought it might be easier than the cut and sew I did on the last one. Yet to be determined! lol But it seems okay so far. The test will come when I start putting it together.
Here’s a few pictures of this part. We bought a new cupboard for my dolls and it came in a huge cardboard box, nice thick cardboard and that’s what I’m using as the ‘loom’. I drew around the sized yoke pattern and started putting in pins. The article I read suggest putting in the pins as you warp. I can see why as the curves require different spacing. I just kind of felt my way along. I’m doing the same for the weaving. Once i get a little further along I’ll show you some close-ups. this is the same wool the squares are woven with. I saw an article where they wove a really neat yoke in a tapestry but my tapestry ‘skills’ are untested so I think this first one will be just plain.