Pinecone Square 6″ block
Inspired by & dedicated to Cher of Yarners
Dk weight acrylic (Or what-have-you)
00/3.50mm steelhook (I think an aluminum D is about the same)
Starting Popcorn stitch: ch 3,(counts as 1 dc) 4dc, slip hook out of loop, and put it though the top of ch 3 then back in loop & pull a loop though both loops. (popcorn stitch made)
1. chain 4, form ring
2. 16 dc in ring, ch 1
3. ch3, sc in next stitch, *ch2, sc* join with sl st (16 spaces)
4. sl in ch2 space, ch 3 *pc, ch2* 4 times, ch 5 * join in top of beginning pc
5. *pc in ch 2 loop, ch2. 3 times, chain 5 sc in chain 5 loop, chain 5* around , join.
6. *pc in ch 2 loop, ch2. 2 times, chain 5 sc in each ch 5 loop, chain 5* around , join.
7. *pc in ch 2 loop, ch2. 1 time, chain 6 sc in each ch 5 loop, chain 6* around , join.
8. Ch3 6 hdc in ch 6 loop, ch 3 at corner, repeat around, join. Cut yarn and tuck ends.